Our schools create a safe and cool environment for students to achieve their musical and creative potential. We want as many kids as possible to have the opportunity to experience the magic that is School of Rock to find their passion for music and learn life skills. The Company School Operations Manager will work closely with the company school General Managers (GMs) to bring that commitment to life.
The Operations Manager will build, support and maintain effective relationships with GMs, MDs, and all school personnel to help our schools, and our system, operate successfully by delivering great music programs and developing efficient schools. They will act as a brand consultant charged with reviewing and improving all aspects of school performance, including but not limited to revenue growth, brand standards, music program excellence, and school KPIs.
This position reports to the Director of Operations (DO).
Company Owned Schools Management
- Work from multiple School of Rock locations.
- Responsible for the management of five or more company-owned schools.
- Operate autonomously, but report weekly to the DO on KPIs, operational issues and standards, marketing initiatives, and any other directives given by the DO or management at School of Rock.
- Track and analyze schools revenue, payroll and other key operational and human capital metrics
- Provide leadership and direction to develop GMs to deliver results. In coordination with DO, responsible for interviewing and hiring team members; planning, assigning and directing work; recognizing and rewarding performance; coaching and counseling team members; offering timely performance reviews; addressing and assisting in resolving issues in a way that promotes employee engagement.
- Responsible for driving the profitability and operations of schools via partnership with DO, cross-functional departments, and key constituents.
- Facilitate semi-annual business review meetings with Company GMs to review their annual plans.
- Partner with DO and other key constituents/departments to execute the annual marketing calendar.
- Develop and report regularly on Key Performance Indicators for the Company schools. Monitor Safety Standards, P&Ls, and other critical business reports.
- Monitor GMs for consistent achievement of optimal labor management, school safety, and brand environment goals as established by operations business plan and SOR operating standards.
- Direct the successful operation and testing of new operational concepts, programming changes, or technology considered for system-wide implementation.
- School Operator Training. Provide overall direction and guidance in the development and execution of effective GM training including programs and materials which ensure that the Company’s GMs and their team members are firmly rooted and grounded in the day to day operation of their units. Develop and execute effective continuing education platforms and programs that create within the Company’s network a culture and a passion for improvement.
- Engage SoR music leaders to consult on delivering an exceptional music education experience for students, delivering strong engagement with each child and maximizing student enrollment
- Serve as an expert in managing and running schools with ongoing knowledge of our programs and best practices.
Drives Brand Awareness:
In conjunction with the Director of Operations:
- Monitors brand implementation, Voice of the Customer surveys (NPS) and other relevant reports.
- Consistently possesses, maintains and demonstrates expert-level knowledge of School of Rock brand standards, educational programming, procedures, and operational tools, systems, and manuals.
- Validates that School of Rock training tools, marketing resources, educational programming, and operational procedures are being utilized.
- Protects the School of Rock brand and students by following up during all school visits on safety standards and practices.
- Coordinates successful roll-outs and training of new programs, initiatives, and campaigns.
- Cultivates a collaborative environment across the corporate team and company-owned schools to support a consistent "one brand" vision
Communications and Administrative:
- Facilitates and supports communication between Corporate and Schools.
- Manages travel against annual budget.
- Manages individual G&A budget
- Completes and submits all reports, documentation and other administrative requirements in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree or similar work experience.
- Ability to develop open and trusted relationships with internal partners and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates and positively influences direct reports.
- Possesses a high degree of self-motivation with a proven track record of achieving results.
- Strong financial acumen, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within a constantly changing and demanding environment. Strong project management and organizational skills; demonstrated track record for flexibility and urgency in prioritizing and organizing projects.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Expert-level skill with various software productivity tools.
- Expert-level skill with various operational point-of-sale (POS) systems.
- Passion, love, knowledge and/or experience in music, the arts and/or education is highly desirable
- Strong connection to School of Rock’s mission
It is the policy of School of Rock to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. School of Rock complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
School of Rock expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of School of Rock's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.