Manager, New School Openings
Manager, New School Openings
School of Rock is a growing, passionate community dedicated to enriching lives through performance-based music education. By introducing new, prepared, and motivated schools to the system, we grow and strengthen the School of Rock brand while also positively enriching our local communities.
The Manager of New School Openings will support the Sr. Manager of NSO by building, supporting, and maintaining effective relationships with new Franchisees during all aspects of the opening process. The Manager will oversee company refurbishment programs.
- Coordinate cross-departmental resources relevant to new schools through defined tasks, prioritization, and deadlines
- Accountable for timely soft opening of new schools per âNew School Openingâ per budgets assigned
- Evaluate new school opening milestones by ensuring school facility is fully completed by Grand Opening event.
- Coordinate Site Selection Process with Franchisees and Chief Development Officer/Sr. Manager of NSO
- Coordinate with Market Planning to ensure that protected trade areas, schools under development, and open status in proprietary mapping and modeling platform are maintained
- Oversee, review, and conduct regular check-ins during construction planning and build-out process
- Understand Franchisor/Franchisee agreement and the mutual obligations
- As appropriate, suggest preferred architects, national contractors, and vendors
- Provide professional consulting service to help franchise owners become successful school operators.
- Consult with Sr Manager of NSO to identify additional support and training needs to improve gaps in new school opening support structure
- Consistently possess, maintain, and demonstrate expert-level knowledge of School of Rock brand standards, educational programming, procedures, and operational tools, systems, and manuals.
- Validate that School of Rock training tools, marketing resources, educational programming, and operational procedures are being utilized
- Cultivate a collaborative environment across the corporate team to support a consistent "one brand" vision
- Assist with Project Management for Franchise School relocations
- Assist with Project Management for Corporate and Franchise Transfers
- Ensure CDO or Sr Manager of NSO are involved in assisting franchisees to select the right locations
- Facilitate the financing approval process between franchisees and lenders
- Coordinate Company school refurbishment projects, regionally or nationally organizing scopes of work for painting, graphics/signage, acoustical treatments, flooring, and larger-scale construction needs through preferred corporate vendors.
Communications and Administrative:
- Manage communication between Corporate and Franchise Schools.
- Manage travel against annual budget.
- Complete and submit all reports, documentation, and other administrative requirements in a timely manner
- Bachelorâs degree preferred
- Project management experience required
- Experienced with project management software or tools (i.e., Microsoft Project, Mavenlink)
- Experienced with Microsoft office and/or G Suite
- Actively develops open and trusted relationships with internal partners, franchisees, and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates and positively influences franchisees
- Possesses a high degree of self-motivation with a proven track record of achieving results.
- Strong business acumen, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within a constantly changing and demanding environment.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated track record for flexibility and urgency in prioritizing time management
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Passion, love, knowledge and/or experience in music, the arts and/or education is highly desirable
- Strong connection to School of Rockâs mission
- Some travel may be required of this position (up to 10% travel)
Preference is to be in commuting distance to Canton, MA or Glen Ellyn, IL, reporting to Sr Manager of NSO