School of Rock is searching for an experienced marketing project manager with prior exposure to a wide variety of marketing tactics to lead execution for various complex, project management-heavy marketing programs.
This talented individual will work with the CMO and other marketing team members to organize workflows and deliverables for various high-priority marketing projects. Many of the most important marketing initiatives require long lead times, cross-functional partnerships, and have complicated project plans. This marketing project manager will play a critical role in bringing these complex plans to market. This individual will partner with internal and external groups to build detailed execution project plans. This person will then manage and own internal and external deliverables to ensure these projects are launched on schedule.
Examples of key programs owned by the Manager, Account Services & Project Management are the Center Stage Artist Search Program, seasonal ad campaigns, and new priority initiatives. In addition to these major initiatives, this position will be responsible for other general marketing team “traffic”. This includes responding to franchisee questions, coordinating any temporary resources and completing select ad hoc analyses.
The perfect candidate must have an unrelenting attention to detail, a strong sense of pragmatism, and an incredible ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts. This person should have experience in various areas of marketing and have significant experience in formal project management within the marketing field. To be successful, this Manager must be able to balance multiple complex milestones and deliverables while pragmatically focusing on the best way to complete each.
All skills and experience requirements are outlined below, but the perfect candidate should possess these key traits:
An obsessive drive to think through all details of a project. This is a project management role. The perfect candidate must be able to identify, plan and document all milestones of projects and then deliver against those deadlines.
Ability to understand and articulate complex concepts. This person must have the confidence to ask questions and then be able to absorb information like a sponge. From there, this individual must be able to “think ahead” and understand implications for each project. Additionally, it will be critical that this person be able to explain and communicate project details to various levels of the Organization.
Champion a “get it done” attitude. This person must be able to “roll up their sleeves” to complete various tasks. This is a very entrepreneurial team, and all team members possess this trait. However, this Manager should embody this attitude and be a model for this behavior.
A professional approach. This role will be involved with high-level company priorities, and will be working directly with the CMO. As such, it is important that this person conduct himself/herself as a polished, experienced professional. We are a company grounded in passion and dedication, and these values must be held sacred in this person’s day-to-day approach. This person must be a beacon of positivity and have the patience to work with and mentor other team members.
- Plan and manage all seasonal marketing campaigns
- Plan and manage key marketing programs such as Center Stage
- Manage the marketing help desk, a platform where franchisees can request marketing help from the Marketing Team
- Manage other marketing projects and team deliverables (i.e. “traffics team work”)
- Manage external temporary resources such as contractors when team workload requires additional “flex resources”
- Develop ad hoc analyses when needed to show performance of campaigns and programs
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, project management, or equivalent professional qualification required
- 5+ years experience in marketing account services or project management
- Experience with and comfort in key marketing areas such as digital, website development, campaign planning, and offline marketing.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter that gets excited about rolling up their sleeves and digging into the work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written—this is of utmost importance
- Exceptional organization and documentation skills
- Ability to juggle competing deadlines
- Ability to create and manage against complex project plans and workflows
- A mission-driven focus to enrich lives through performance-based music education
- Positive outlook and personality
- An unrelenting work ethic and drive toward continued improvement
- A model of professional etiquette
- The ability to put aside ego in order to reach the best solution