School of Rock is the original performance-based, interactive music school founded in 1998 in Philadelphia. With over 230 schools, and a strong internationally recognized brand, School of Rock is the largest after-school music education provider. Our mission is to help kids rock their worlds.
The Music Director embodies rock and roll in a positive way and is responsible for creating the most valuable student experience possible. This role creates a safe and inspiring environment for students to achieve their musical and creative potential and ensures that each School of Rock student has an exceptional musical journey.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all music and education-related elements within the School. Maximize the quality of music instruction including private lessons and shows.
- Roll out the music curriculum and oversee all product execution.
- Oversee the development of shows, this includes: Selecting and Promoting shows/concerts well in advance with General Manager. Creating show assignments for students and overseeing casting decisions. Coordinating the set list. Training, guiding and assisting show directors so all rehearsals and performances meet high educational standards. Assisting in promoting the shows and driving ticket sales. Insuring that show productions are well executed.
- Market the school by keeping excellent relations with parents and students and offering new student and/or parent prospects tours; engaging and selling them on the school.
- Teach as directed by General Manager to boost school profitability and operations.
- Manage the School, including working with the General Manager to open school punctually according to hours of business and staying later when necessary during show season and summer camp.
- Maintain all music equipment.
- Communicate regularly with parents on student progress and address any questions and issues about the music program.
- Interact with parents and students regularly by being visible and accessible in the school.
- 3+ years’ experience teaching and/or performing music professionally
- Knowledge of music theory and curriculum design
- Excellent ability to deal well with a wide range of customers and other people
- Strong organizational skills
- Very strong customer relations skills
- Resourceful and good problem-solver
- Works well under pressure
- Ideal candidate is a working musician who also has formal music school training
- Enthusiastic, Flexible, patient, and positive demeanor
- Good judgment a must
It is the policy of the School of Rock to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. School of Rock complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
School of Rock expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of School of Rock's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.