Senior Director, IT
The Senior Director, IT, will report to the CFO, and will be responsible for overseeing all of School of Rock’s technology devices and systems. School of Rock’s technology environment is comprised of several public cloud apps and services. This role will play an integral part in crafting the roadmap for School of Rock’s technology usage, and to lead projects to execute on that vision.
School of Rock is looking for passionate performers who demonstrate creativity, adaptability, attention to detail, and a high level of customer focus. The School of Rock IT team is small and agile, and this position will allow for and encourage personal and professional growth.
- Help form strategies and priorities as it pertains to new and ongoing projects or initiatives that intersect with technology.
- Manage strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing IT initiatives and deploying transformational business technologies.
- Own IT processes across security, operations, applications and propose improvements.
- Oversee and administer all technology platforms that are used corporately, by our schools, by our franchisees, and by our customers, ensuring they remain best in class.
- Ensure that technologies implemented meet their respective departments’ strategic and operational needs and that adequate communication, training, and ongoing user support is provided.
- Effectively manage and oversee IT-led projects that will likely intersect with other departments within School of Rock, along with outside vendors, partners, contracts, and others.
- Work closely on projects with other teams within School of Rock to execute on deliverables related to technology.
- Effectively manage School of Rock’s growing IT team, currently comprised of three full-time employees.
- Manage our Help Desk team and overall IT support experience, streamlining productivity and delineating responsibilities.
- Manage vendor relationships, including handling of contract renewals, for all of School of Rock’s technology vendors.
- Ensure documentation and reference material for our Help Center is created and maintained.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 10 or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with modern, SaaS-based corporate IT environments.
- Administration of cloud based systems and platforms, especially G Suite and identity management tools such as Okta.
- Must be able to think strategically and plan effectively, but also have a detail-oriented, hands-on approach.
- Ability to continually stay on top of the latest industry products and technologies.
- Exceptional business understanding and ability to translate business needs into an efficient technology roadmap.
- Strong ability to translate between business and technology teams.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Strong leadership skills managing business initiatives and cross-functional teams.
- Is able to relate to end-users by demonstrating empathy where appropriate.
- A passion for education and rock music!
Skills and Experience not Required but are a Plus:
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts.
- Experience managing a department budget.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- HTML/CSS knowledge and experience.
This a full-time position (40 hours per week), salaried position. Salary is competitive and we do offer benefits.
It is the policy of School of Rock to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. School of Rock complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
School of Rock expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of School of Rock's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.