IN PERSON | Students will learn how analyze some of the greatest compositions of the last 60 years and learn how to write their own songs * Intermediate Skill Level Required *
IN PERSON CAMP
AGES 7 - 18
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, 9AM TO 3PM
INTERMEDIATE SKILL LEVEL PREFERRED
Through this special 5-day songwriting camp, students will learn how to write their own songs. Students will analyze some of the greatest compositions of the last 60 years in order to develop their own tunes. They will learn about chord progressions, arrangements and other tricks of the trade. We’ll spend Monday through Friday learning and writing songs, all culminating in a live performance.
Please be sure to send your kids with a NUT-FREE lunch!
Students MUST bring hearing protection (earplugs or isolation headphones)!
Rock N Roll gets LOUD and we want to make sure their ears are protected!
We also have earplugs available for sale at the front desk for $1/pair. Please send them with hearing protection or $1 so they may purchase earplugs here.
Drop off for camp is 9 a.m. and pick up is promptly at 3 p.m.
Drummers should have their own sticks.
Guitarists and bassists should have their own and bring them to use along with their own cables.
Vocalists should be bringing their own microphones.
Food is not provided. Please send your kids with a NUT-FREE lunch and snacks. Students may not leave the premises at ANY time. If any of your kids have food allergies, please let us know.
ALL CAMPERS MUST:
- Successfully complete a digital Health Screening Form PRIOR to entering the building and no more than 24 hours before their next scheduled service. (parents must complete if student is under 18);
- Take their temperature using our contact-free thermal readers. If a student’s temperature reads 100.4°F or above, they will be sent home, which will result in forfeiting the day of camp.
- Wash/sanitize hands upon arrival and frequently throughout the day;
- Wear a mask at all times inside the school. *A second mask or additional face shield is highly recommended.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet at all times, whenever possible;
- No more than 6 people in a room at any given time, while maintaining social distancing;
- Only be at the school for their scheduled camp time (no hanging out indoors, waiting for their camp to start indoors, or waiting for their ride to pick them up indoors);
- Bring their own water bottles/water and hydrate outside. Students will not be allowed to use water fountains or water coolers, or take off their mask inside the building to take a drink of water;
- Eat outside. Please be sure students eat and discard food containers/cutlery/napkins outside before entering the building.
- Bring their own instruments, microphones, picks, drumsticks, and ear protection. All guitarists and bassists must bring their own instruments. Drums and keyboards (and any shared surfaces) will be sanitized by staff prior to and after camp.
- Vocalists are now required to bring their own microphone to camp. We have microphones available for purchase at the school. Inexpensive microphones can also be found at a number of online retailers. If you purchase on your own please make sure they have an XLR connection. We can help you make the right selection for your student.
- Due to the increased breathing and exposure inherent in singing, we will also require an additional step be taken to separate the vocalist from the group such as a face shield or a room divider. There are a number of singing mask and face shield options available. Please talk to your GM or MD to discuss what you feel comfortable with.
- We love our parents, siblings and family members, but please understand that we can only allow students and staff in the school at this time. We request that parents and all other non-students and non-staff remain outside of the school for the duration of your student’s camp day and call us at (818) 980-1522 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- All students must wait in the car with their parent/guardian until their camp start time at which time they may enter the building, and students must be picked up at the end of their camp day as they can not wait inside the building for someone to pick them up. This is all for the health and safety of the students and staff.
- We will be monitoring the entry doors to check that parents and all other non-students and non-staff adhere to the above policy.
- Please help us by explaining to your student(s) that wearing a clean mask, frequently washing/sanitizing their hands, and social distancing (at least 6ft whenever possible) is required at School of Rock until further notice.
- We will also have plexiglass partitions in place at the front desks for further protection for our Studio Coordinators and/or GMs.
- To the extent that it is possible, we will open windows/doors to the outside for increased ventilation and do what we can to increase the efficiency of our building’s air filtration system
If you have any questions, please call us at 818-980-1522