The Director of International is a full-time role that develops and manages the master franchisee agreement relationships internationally and ensures the growth of new School of Rock franchises. The Director of international provides support services for new franchise openings, market/country planning and start-ups, promotions, and policy and procedure implementation across international franchise locations to help drive the achievement of School of Rock International's goals and objectives.
Under the supervision of the Chief Development Officer, the primary responsibilities of this position will be to support International Master Franchisees and direct franchisees meeting franchise operating goals and objectives. You will be required to effectively develop strong relationships with your franchisees, ensuring they have the necessary tools, guidance and support to manage successful schools similar to the US model. The Director of International will build, support and maintain effective relationships with master Franchisees, direct franchisees, GMs, Franchisees and all school personnel to help our schools, and our system, operate successfully by delivering great music programs and operating efficient schools. They will act as a brand consultant charged with reviewing and improving all aspects of school performance, including but not limited to revenue growth, brand standards, music program excellence and school KPIs. The Director of International will be sensitive to individual local country trends and efficiently adapt our processes and procedures as necessary while maintaining the integrity of our unique system.
Roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Support the CDO as necessary in the screening, and selection of new Master Franchisees
- Educate prospects on our brand and keep them engaged throughout the process, responding to questions and providing appropriate information
- Deliver persuasive phone/video conference presentations and in-person sales presentations
- Assist the CDO in facilitating and confirming travel arrangements with prospects attending “Meet the Team days/Opening Act” events
- Support and communicate brand quality standards, gain and apply feedback when applicable
- Ensure the representation of the School of Rock vision and values are communicated and understood by prospects and Franchisees
- Provide candidates expertise on topics in their decision-making process; financing, real estate, validation, etc.
- Provide feedback to Franchise team on sales processes, forecasting and tools
- Acts as business consultant with country Master Franchisees and provides guidance in setting their annual business plans, P&L management, growth plans to meet the development commitments, sub-franchisee recruitment activity, etc.
- Conducts and coordinates master Franchisee in market training, in concert with IT, Training and Marketing departments
- Develops a master Franchisee Operating Manual and coordinates information form subject matter experts, as necessary
- Ensures the Operating Manual is relevant to international operations, and recommends revisions as necessary
- Develops annual operations support plans, which includes planned projects and initiatives, to attain established objectives within specified timeframe and budget.
- Schedules and provides project management for New Franchisee Orientation along with the additional brand-wide support needed to effectively open new locations within the designated timeframe and budget.
- Provides project management for various operational support projects (i.e. compliance audits, internal communication and new product launch authorizations); identifies scope of project, requirements, learning objectives, spend, and timelines.
- Partners with domestic Directors of Operations and subject matter experts (i.e., Franchisees, International Operations Directors, Brand Trainers) to understand learning needs, while taking learning objectives, business needs, and audience profile into consideration.
- Oversees the International team's coordination of training programs (e.g., communications, schedules, meeting rooms, participant information, workbooks, etc.) to ensure logistics are invisible and to support the environment for optimal learning.
- Conducts annual visits with master Franchisees, every other year visits to direct franchisees, and monthly calls with all Master and direct franchisees
- Understand Franchisor/Master Franchisee/ Sub Franchisee agreement and the mutual obligations
- Provide professional consulting service to help franchise owners improve performance as it pertains to KPIs via help desk submissions and support calls.
- Consult with appropriate operations leaders and other departments to identify additional support and training needs to improve gaps in franchise school operations
- Provides recommendations on marketing programs as needed to be adapted for individual country use
- Provide feedback to relevant colleagues on effectiveness of marketing initiatives
- Assist with generating and planning of new marketing initiatives to drive new revenues and enrolment into the system
- Provides guidance to master Franchisee on site selection criteria and approval process
Communications and Administrative:
- Facilitate and support communication between Master and direct franchisees and corporate
- Manage travel against annual budget.
- Manages individual G&A budget
- Completes and submits all reports, documentation and other administrative requirements in a timely manner
- 10+ years Operations support position within a franchise organization
- 5+ years International experience in a similar role within a franchise organization
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous franchisees and workflows
- Self-motivated and self-guided
- Excellent communication skills
- Exercise skill in diplomacy in all relationships
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Sensitivity to multi cultures
- Collaborator who works well with and contributes to a team
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and leadership skills
- Resourceful and innovative
- Enthusiasm for what we do
- Passion and/or interest in music and the arts highly desirable
- Ability to speak other languages is a plus (i.e. Spanish, Portuguese, French)
- Travel required
- BA/BS required. MBA preferred.