Our schools create a safe and cool environment for students to achieve their musical and creative potential. We want as many kids as possible to have the opportunity to experience the magic that is School of Rock to find their passion for music and learn life skills. Our Director of New School Operations, (DNSO) will work closely with new franchisees, the Operations team and the Franchise Development team as well as other Franchisees to bring that commitment to life.
The DNSO will build, support and maintain effective relationships with Franchisees and all school personnel to help our schools, and our system, operate successfully by delivering great music programs and opening efficient schools. They will act as a brand consultant charged with reviewing and improving all aspects of school performance, including but not limited to revenue growth, brand standards, music program excellence, and school KPIs.
Position may be located in Canton, Massachusetts or Glen Ellyn, Illinois.
- Identify, establish, and develop the operational new school opening support structure
- Conduct regular visits throughout the opening process based on milestones and phase
- Understand Franchisor/Franchisee agreement and the mutual obligations
- Provide professional consulting service to help franchise owners onboard, ramp up, and establish a baseline for strong performance as it pertains to KPIs
- Consult with appropriate operations leaders and other departments to identify additional support and training needs to improve gaps in new school operations
- Monitor brand implementation, Voice of the Customer surveys (NPS) and other relevant reports.
- Consistently posses, maintain and demonstrate expert level knowledge of School of Rock brand standards, educational programming, procedures, and operational tools, systems, and manuals.
- Validate that School of Rock training tools, marketing resources, educational programming, and operational procedures are being utilized
- Protect the School of Rock brand and students by following up during all school visits on safety standards and practices
- Coordinate successful roll-outs and training of new programs, initiatives, and campaigns
- Cultivate a collaborative environment across the corporate team and steady-state DO’s to support a consistent "one brand" vision
Communications and Administrative:
- Facilitate and support communication between Corporate and Schools.
- Manage travel against annual budget.
- Manage individual G&A budget
- Complete and submit all reports, documentation and other administrative requirements in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree
- Actively develops open and trusted relationships with internal partners, franchisees, and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates and positively influences direct reports, franchisees, and stakeholders and stakeholders.
- Possesses a high degree of self-motivation with a proven track record of achieving results.
- Strong financial acumen, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within a constantly changing and demanding environment. Strong project management and organizational skills; demonstrated track record for flexibility and urgency in prioritizing and organizing projects.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Expert-level skill with various software productivity tools.
- Expert-level skill with various operational point-of-sale (POS) systems.
- Passion, love, knowledge and/or experience in music, the arts and/or education is highly desirable
- Strong connection to School of Rock’s mission
- Extensive travel will be required of this position (at least 50% travel)
- Reports directly to VP of Operations