Our schools create a safe and cool environment for students to achieve their musical and creative potential. We want as many kids as possible to have the opportunity to experience the magic that is School of Rock to find their passion for music and learn life skills.The Manager, Operational Standards will manage business compliance and partnerships for the system. Build, support and maintain effective relationships to assist in successful operations in schools and act as a brand advocate charged with all compliance related activities.
- Responsible for analyzing, evaluating, and ensuring that school operations are aligned with business practices.
- Collaborate with Operations leaders, cross-functional departments and franchisees to ensure awareness of all compliance requirements.
- Develop, implement and communicate compliance policies and procedures. Identify compliance issues and communicate violations as necessary.
- Conduct internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed. Provide an objective, independent review of risk.
- Assure proper reporting and documentation.
- Create, implement, administer, and enforce policies, procedures, and laws required for a company to operate in accordance with regulations to mitigate loss or risk to the business.
- Collaborate with company leadership about processes, practices, systems, and areas of opportunity.
- Evaluate emerging compliance issues and trends.
- Support new initiatives and partnerships with focus on improving and enhancing brand standards.
- Manage lease renewals for all company-owned locations.
- Oversee and directly manage the School of Rock’s 24-hour reporting platform assisting owners, staff, and families.
- Manage and approve out of protected trade area performance and marketing events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Actively develops positive relationships with internal partners, franchisees, and all stakeholders.
- Strong ability to mediate and resolve conflict as well as effectively communicate and positively influence franchisees and all stakeholders.
- Possesses a high degree of self-motivation with a proven track record of achieving results.
- Strong business acumen, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Project Management skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks within a constantly changing and demanding environment. Demonstrated track record for flexibility and urgency in prioritizing and organizing projects.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Skilled with various software productivity tools.
- Passion, love, knowledge and/or experience in music, the arts and/or education is highly desirable.
- Report regularly on Key Performance Indicators for brand standards in student and system safety including all compliance matters.
- Monitor the system for consistent achievement of school safety and brand environment goals as established SOR operating standards.
- Accountable for the brand’s requirements to produce and maintain written system operational standards.
- Manage compliance matters in response to operations on-site visits.
- Understand the Franchisor/Franchisee agreement and mutual obligations.
- Strong connection to the School of Rock’s mission.
- Some travel may be required.
Drives Brand Awareness:
- Monitors brand implementation and other relevant reports.
- Consistently possesses, maintains and demonstrates expert level knowledge of School of Rock brand standards, procedures, policies, and operational tools, systems and manuals.
- Validates that School of Rock training required methods and procedures are being utilized.
- Protects the School of Rock brand and students by following up on safety standards and practices.
Communications and Administrative:
- Facilitate and support communication between Corporate and Franchise Owners.
- Manage travel against annual budget.
- Completes and submits all reports, documentation and other administrative requirements in a timely manner