With the State of Illinois entering Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan, School of Rock is looking forward to opening it's doors in early July with the IDPH-approved safety guidance in place. Our top priority is and will continue to be the safety and health of our staff, students and the community. This reopening plan is done, slowly, diligently and with all the recommended safety protocols implemented as set out by the regional health authority and the School of Rock Franchise.
New Protocol in Place
The “new normal” of school operations will look quite a bit different. Here are the new practices everyone will need to follow.
- Masks must be worn. Guidelines state that masks must be worn when it is not possible to effectively keep a safe social distance of 6ft. We will require staff, students and anyone else entering our schools to wear a mask.
- Maximum gathering size of 10 people. We will limit all group rehearsal sizes to ensure no more than 10 people are gathered in a room at the same time. Depending upon cast numbers, rehearsals will be split into waves in order to comply with the mandates and allow for built in cleaning/disinfecting times scheduled between the rehearsal waves to reset the rooms
- Limited parents or visitors allowed in the school. We love our parents, siblings and family members, but please understand that we can only have a limited number of students and staff in the school at the same time. We request that you only come into the school to handle any business as needed and that you remain outside of the school for the duration of your student’s lesson. Please do not gather in the front desk area or the parent area. This is all for the health and safety of the students and staff.
- Strict cleaning and sanitation guidelines will be in effect
- There will be thorough cleaning and disinfecting of the school throughout the day between all lessons and rehearsals.
- All students must wash/sanitize hands before touching anything in the school
- No sharing of equipment. Students must bring their own picks, tuners and drumsticks. All guitarists and bassists must bring their own instrument. Drums and keys will be sanitized after use by each person.
- Vocals mic will not be shared. Each singer will be required to bring their own mic to lessons and rehearsals. Singers will also be singing behind Plexiglas screens for additional protection.
- Students may only be at the school for their scheduled lesson or rehearsal (no hanging out);
- Students will not be allowed to use the water coolers or eat in the school. Please have them bring their own water bottles.