School of Rock proudly unveiled its 350th worldwide location in Providencia, Chile, last week. The milestone marks School of Rock's progression to a scale that few franchises achieve and underscores the company's position as the premier music education brand with more than 62,000 active students and hundreds of thousands of alumni rocking around the globe.
"Opening the 350th School of Rock location in Chile is a significant milestone in our journey. It reflects not only our desire to continue international expansion but also the unparalleled passion and dedication of our franchise partners, instructors, and students all over the world," said Rob Price, CEO of School of Rock. "Music has the power to unite and inspire the creative spirit in us all. As we hit this milestone, we're not just counting schools, we're celebrating the countless stories and dreams that have found a home within our walls."
School of Rock Providencia marks the 13th school in Latin America under master franchisee Matias Puga Hamilton, who was recently named a 2023 Franchisee of the Year by The International Franchise Association. The new school in Santiago will be owned and operated by Danilo Giakoni. Giakoni's connection to music traces back to inheriting his maternal grandmother's grand piano, which became the centerpiece of their family gatherings. His father's passion for rock and roll, specifically Elvis Presley, also played a significant role, with Giakoni inheriting his father's extensive vinyl record collection. Today, Giakoni's family home reflects their musical heritage, housing the piano, his mother's accordion, and multiple guitars.
Giakoni's journey to open a School of Rock was inspired by a desire to contribute to the development of children and adolescents, while still leveraging his background as a finance manager. After discovering the School of Rock model for adults during a live performance by a friend and subsequently reading about it in a Chilean newspaper, Giakoni felt a connection to the idea of opening a school in his culturally rich hometown of Providencia.
"Opening this School of Rock is the fulfillment of a lifelong dream for me. It's been an incredible journey to this point, allowing me to connect with an amazing team of talented musicians and teachers, create a vibrant cultural hub within the community, and witness firsthand the transformative impact this concept has on young individuals," said Giakoni. "Being a part of this incredible organization and opening School of Rock's 350th location is a truly special experience."
The opening of this 350th location punctuates two years of dramatic growth for School of Rock, with highlights including:
- Footprint growth from 245 domestic schools and 55 international schools in 12 markets to 276 domestic schools and 74 international schools in 15 markets, with new flagship schools in Mexico, Ireland, and Portugal;
- Increased total active enrollment from 22,000 students in 2016 to nearly 62,000 students today, along with a 7.6% average annual growth in student enrollment;
- Acknowledged among best in the industry for franchisee and corporate culture;
- Named the Grand Champion of 2023 by Global Franchise Awards, top 50 Most Profitable Franchises, top 100 Most Innovative Franchises, and Top Recession-Proof Business for 2023 by Franchise Business Review
- International Franchise Association (IFA) named Matias Puga Hamilton, master franchisee of School of Rock in Latin America, as a 2023 Franchisee of the Year;
School of Rock is actively seeking expansion opportunities, both nationally and internationally, as it looks to grow beyond its 350 locations. To learn more about School of Rock franchise opportunities head to schoolofrock.com/franchising.